A healthy community is an inclusive community. Northern Colorado is committed to learning how to engage and create meaningful interactions for those living with dementia. This means reaching out to people with dementia and their care partners to encourage them to take part in community events — to consciously include rather than just passively accept.
No fees or registration required for these virtual support groups and memory cafes:
- Virtual Care Partner Support Group – Wednesdays 10-11 am
- In Person Care Partner Support Group – The 2nd Wednesday of every month at Timberline Church 2908 S Timberline Rd, Fort Collins, CO from 10-11:30am
- Virtual Memory Cafe – Thursdays at 10-11 am and repeated 1-2 pm.
Interactive social gatherings for people with mild to moderate cognitive impairment AND their care partners as well as community friends. Program includes reminiscing, games, laughter and music.
- In Person Memory Cafes –
- The 3rd Wednesday of every month at Loveland Library 300 Adams Ave, Loveland, CO from 1-2:30pm
- The 3rd Thursday of every month at Timberline Church 2908 S Timberline Rd, Fort Collins, CO from 10-11:30am
- The 3rd Thursday of every month at Community Grief Center 4650 W 20th St, Greeley, CO 1-2:30pm
- Virtual “Mobile” Memory Cafe for residents and staff in care communities (inside the buildings) along with family members living outside the care community buildings so that loved ones can attend “together.” Fridays at 10:30 am. If gathering more than 10 residents and their families at a time, please contact us to discuss scheduling your own mobile memory cafe for your people.
- Virtual Support Group for friends living with dementia – 1st and 4th Wednesdays at 1pm.
How to access our remote activities:
We are using the Zoom video conferencing tool. Click on the link below at meeting time–